Applications for #MMB2020 Showcase Festival are now open!
Apply now to secure a performance slot at Romania’s leading music business conference and showcase event! Event dates: 17-19 March, 2020. Slot duration: 30 minutes. Application deadline: September 15, 2019.
If you do not already have a gigmit account, you can submit your application through this form.
Mastering the Music Business (MMB, for short) is the leading Romanian music business conference and showcase event, now at its fifth edition (March 17-19, 2020 in Bucharest). Our main focus is offering a framework for musicians, managers, booking agents, promoters and other people in the industry to engage in meaningful interactions with key players on the local and international scene.
Former live acts (both international and local) that played at MMB Showcase Festival got booked for tours in Romania, for similar festivals abroad (Live at Heart, BUSH, Musik Messe) and for club gigs, are presented in international music publications, got signed with booking agencies and even started international collaborations.
Selected bands will get to perform a showcase set (30 minutes) at one of Bucharest’s top live music venues as part of the conference. Artists and their team members will get 3-day free passes for all the panels and presentations included in the 5th edition of the MMB Conference, as well as one seat per artist delegation at any workshop or seminar.
We do not cover any artist fees or travel expenses, but accommodation at a hostel (for the members of the band + 1) for the night of the show will be arranged upon request. Also, catering at the venue will be provided.
Must haves for your application:
- at least 2 videos from live performances (different live performances would be preferred) of the band in their current line-up, not older than 1 year. Please make sure video & sound are of good quality.
- at least 1 official video of the band in their current line-up
- official bio in English
- at least 2 photos, both online and print quality
- artist touring dates (for the last 12 and upcoming 12 months)
- artist Facebook page, Instagram profile and YouTube channel
- a link to a relevant music platform (Soundcloud, Spotify, Apple Music)
- complete technical & accommodation rider + travel party list